Sunday, February 14, 2010

Athens Shower



Baby B is so well loved already, I don't know that she will be able to stand it when she finally meets everyone. Yesterday, my Athens friends threw us a Wizard of Oz themed couple's shower. It was perfect! They all pooled there flying monkeys, munchins, and Dorothy memrabilia and had Renata's house all yellow brick roaded out! All of the the guests seemed to have a great time. There was mingling among different circles of friends, Olympic speed skating cheering, guitar hero playing, lots of present opening, funny baby picture mixing, and general fun had by all. I hope that everyone knows how much we appreciate all the wonderful gifts. A special thank you so much to the hostesses: Kendra, Renata, Julie, and Amy. You girls rock!

A slight panic was aroused on Friday when the weather decided to drop 3-4 inches of snow on Athens. Luckily, my mom arrived before it started on Friday. We were able to get in some much needed Nana reminiscing time about my birth and reading of my baby book! She wrote so many sweet things! I had to run out a get Baby B her baby book today! Even though we were apprehensive if they were going to make it, Justin's mom, dad, and nephew braved the snow and made it to the shower! Both sets of future grandparents stayed with us Saturday night. Our new house was surprisingly well equipped for th crowd.







2 comments:

  1. I kept looking today to see if you posted this. I knew it would be coming. New mommies can't leave things undone!

    It was a LOT of fun! I know Brenna can feel the love already. Not much longer now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! I have fun staying in the know by looking at your blog. You will be such a great mom! I like the theme you chose for her bedroom!! Here is the adderess to my blog that I started last year when I found out I was pregnant with Logan: www.therauscherchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete