Saturday, February 20, 2010

Brenna's Room



When searching all the department stores, Wal-Mart, and Target for the perfect bedding and nursery decor left me wanting something else, I almost gave up. Justin is extremely against too much pink, and I didn't know that I would be able to stomach a completely pink room for long term. I didn't want a theme that Brenna would grow out of quickly or bedding that had too many characters or a loud pattern. Needless to say, I was being rather picky!

When Justin and I walked into our local baby specialty store, their window display immediately grabbed my attention. It was set up with bedding and accessories that were in muted red, blue, and yellow. The patterns were classic and not too loud. I had fallen in love!

The bedding colors inspired the theme for the nursery, Wizard of Oz. As I quickly tell people when they ask about the nursery, I don't mean that it has a theme as my childhood Rainbow Brite bedroom had. (ie: bedding, curtains, vanity skirt, etc...All with a colorful Rainbow Brite character) As you can see in the photos, there are a few Wizard of Oz touches.













1 comment: